Thursday, October 23, 2008

Caelyn is 10 days old... it doesn't sound like much but as a parent I can hardly believe it. Little children make you confront just how fast time slips by.

I'm still a bit laid up from the delivery. I expected a quicker recovery and pushed myself too hard in the days following her arrival. So now Brian is handling most of the household and Timothy while I tend to Caelyn. It's hard to sit still, especially with the perfect fall weather calling my name. But rest will get me out there sooner, I suppose. One nice thing about resting is that I can just sit and smell Caelyn's head. She smells glorious! And it's not from soap or powders and such... it's just her smell. That baby smell that just makes you want to be close to them all the time. I'm trying to figure out a way to memorize it because I know it'll eventually fade away. Then she'll smell like cheerios and slobber (if Timothy's any indicator of things to come, anyway). I also just stare at her. After she eats, she'll lay back half-asleep and contort her face in all sorts of ways. It often gets me going into some silly running commentary about what she must be thinking. The smiles are of course my favorite. The other day she broke into a wide smile and then gurgled out the cutest little belly laugh. I couldn't help but join her!

No comments: