Thursday, November 13, 2008

So Timothy woke up yesterday morning covered in hives. Head to toe. Red, splotchy, alarming things that prompt you to call the doctor immediately. She said he's allergic to something, but what exactly is a mystery. Today he's much better, but it sure would be nice to know what started it all!

Caelyn is 1 month old today. She has beautiful sparkly eyes that make me happy. She's starting to coo and smile when I talk to her. Timothy has adapted really well to having her around. His favorite ways to help are by putting her pacifier in her mouth, putting her dirty diapers in the Diaper Champ, and giving her little pat-pats when she cries. I also notice that he tends to say "hi" to her when he walks by her, which of course makes me happy too. We've been letting him play with a baby doll which is fun to observe. The other day he was "burping" the doll and gently setting her down for a nap in the middle of the kitchen floor. Then he proceeded to pick her up by the leg for an adventerous bop across the room. The only real challenge I've had is Tim getting sad or upset when my lap is occupied, but even then I'm usually able to appease him to sit next to me with a book or something. So I'm thinking this 'close in age' thing is not as intimidating after all. For sure, my hands are incredibly full, but the sibling dynamics are not a huge factor. Praise God!

No comments: